Celebrate Pi

It's a good thing Pi Day comes during Spring Break.  I was not prepared with pie recipes, but with some extra time off, I was able to get my act together and come up with some pretty good pies.


First came dinner in the form of Crescent Lasagna Pie.  This is a super simple recipe, more assembly than actual cooking.  It's very tasty!  I did the first couple of steps and final assemble early in our day, and then refrigerated until evening.  The baking time starting from cold was at least 30 minutes, but since it's hands off time, made our afternoon easier.


Then dessert pie.  Once again, this No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie was more assembly than anything else.  But, wow!  Super duper easy and the result is yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.  I used a 6 ounce crust because I forgot to read closely.  It still worked and I squeezed every last cookie into there.  I also decided to give the Extra Creamy Cool Whip a try.  I think it made the pie extra rich.  This was just soooooooo good, and all the better because it was sooooooooo easy.  For extra fun you could add extra chocolate chips or drizzle with chocolate syrup.

Two easy and tasty recipe for this year's celebration of irrational numbers.

Comments