Going Pink

For many years I've enjoyed the combination of Alfredo and marinara sauces on breadsticks.  Especially Olive Garden breadsticks.  It happened by accident once, and I'm so glad it did.


This Chicken Tomato Alfredo Skillet hearkens back to those flavors, in an even better way.  My little one, the skeptic, questioned the addition of tomato to her beloved Alfredo, but even she was convinced.  I'm guessing she'll be eating some of the leftovers before the week is out.

I love that this dish is a "one pot" variety.  You all know how I despise a bazillion dishes to wash after dinner.  The bacon and tomato flavors are a subtle but yummy change to a traditional Alfredo.  The other thing that is great about this recipe is that the sauce doesn't get too heavy.  Sometimes homemade Alfredo versions get thuddy or thick.  The chicken broth and tomato sauce keep this nice and light and the perfect consistency.

If you are an Alfredo lover looking for a new variety, try this one!  You won't regret it.

Comments

Unknown said…
This looks delicious! Pasta dishes are one of my favorites to eat and you can never go wrong with chicken alfredo!! Having a small amount of dishes is definitely a nice perk to this meal. I think it's funny how the recipe says approximately 30 minutes to make. I am not your average chef and my skills are lacking, so any meal often takes me twice as long to put together. This could be a great meal to practice with! Thanks for sharing.
Heidi said…
This one probably would be fairly true to time listed since everything cooks together. You could speed it up by using angel hair pasta or spaghetti too!