On Rainy Days

Today turned out to be rainy.  It didn't start that way, but it certainly finished soggy and blech.  It was weather that called for comfort food, and this Cheeseburger Gnocchi fit the bill nicely.  Especially because I baconified it.  Be quiet, baconified is a word.  Or at least now it is.


This is a quick, easy dish, and the flavor is divine.  I made a few substitutions for our tastes and ingredients on hand, and it was still awesome. Here's what I did:

  1. Swapped drained diced tomatoes for the Rotel.  After too many spicey dishes, I've learned.
  2. Used sour cream instead of heavy cream. I forgot and used all my heavy cream earlier this week.
  3. The recipe calls for a half pound of ground beef, but I used a full pound.  It just seemed to be a better balance to the pound of gnocchi, and I didn't feel like it was too much.
  4. Added a few tablespoons of bacon crumbles.  Because bacon cheeseburgers.  
  5. Used red onion instead of white.  It's a lot of onion, but it tastes good.  Put it all in.
This recipe is gourmet, twenty times better Hamburger Helper.  Make it.  And be sure to baconify it.

Comments