Fall Breaking (Baking)

An extra day all to myself gave me time to get some home and school work done, and also spend a little time in the kitchen.


We are always looking for new breakfast ideas at our house.  I've probably mentioned that a time or two or twenty.  Since my girlie often enjoys a PB&J sandwich for breakfast (or lunch), I decided to give these Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins a whirl.  First off, the batter is super fluffy and light.  There are lots of dirty dishes due to the number of steps, but we will let that slide because they turn out so tasty and pretty.



Pepperoni pizza isn't our first pizza topping choice around here, but I was willing to give it a try in this Pepperoni Pizza Pot Pie.  It sure turned out to be a looker too.  It was good.  As I shared with my sister, it mostly worked out to be pizza with a lid, but as a lover of crust, no complaints from me.


My girl has developed a love for brownies, so I decided to surprise her with these One Bowl Chocolate Chunk and Toffee Chip Brownies.  As it turns out, I didn't have regular chocolate chunks on hand as I previously thought, so these Nestle Caramel Filled Morsels had to do.  We ended up with some crazy rich and sweet brownies!  From the young one at our table, "That's the top of my sweet meter!"  My one other switch on this recipe was to add a little vanilla.  I think every brownie recipe needs vanilla to bring out the best of the chocolate flavors.

Three excellent recipes completed today, plus some cheesy potatoes for my hubby's work potluck tomorrow.  All in all a good day, and now I'm off to find some hand lotion to save my poor skin after all the dishes I did!

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow! You were busy in the kitchen over break! All three of these look super delicious. Sign me up for peanut butter and jelly muffins any time! Your husband and daughter sure are lucky to have you as such an adventurous cook!!
HRottier said…
Thanks, Liz. While they are good sports, I think both of them would prefer I was less adventurous much of the time. ;)