Chili Season


Fall, Friday nights, and chili.  It was a standard around our house growing up, and as I stirred up this Pioneer Woman Chili, I realized how fun it was to be doing the same for my family that my Mom did for me.

This is different type of chili from what I've made before--more beef flavor, less tomato.  I think we all preferred it, although this is not my little's favorite dish.  I ended up adding the whole can of beef broth, and a full 15 oz can of tomato sauce, just to have a little extra soupyness.  The heat of the Rotel makes sour cream and cheese essential to this recipe, but extra delicious too!  I did swap red beans for kidney beans too.  I find that red beans are softer and the flavor is better to our taste.  My last modification was to use the crockpot.  I browned the ground beef in a skillet and then added it to all the other ingredients in the crockpot to meld together.

I think this will be my go-to chili recipe for the near future.  It's got great chili flavor without too much heat or too much tomato.

Comments