Chicken Parmesan Grilled Cheese

I keep finding new grilled cheese varieties to try.  It's great fun to see how an old favorite becomes a new discovery.


This edition is Chicken Parmesan Grilled Cheese from Plain Chicken.  I made some frozen chicken fingers and sliced them lengthwise so they were flatter for the sandwiches.  For the rest of the layers, I did a thin layer of pizza sauce on both slices of Asiago bread from a local baker.  Then I smashed some shredded mozzarella cheese into the sauce in hopes that it would stay better.  It worked.   Kind of.  On the outside of the bread, I used butter and then sprinkled some Parmesan and garlic sprinkle on top.  As mozzarella fell out of the sandwich, I also pressed that into the butter.

It turns out that fried mozzarella, plus Parmesan and garlic is a delicious flavor to add to grilled cheese.  The pizza sauce, chicken and cheese was pretty good.

This recipe is an excellent way to keep dinner simple, without being boring.  Something I'm always a fan of.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yum! This looks fairly simple to make and soo good! I love grilled cheese and chicken parm, so I would imagine that this would have to be an awesome combination of the two. I will definitely have to give this a try sometime!
Unknown said…
Wow that looks absolutely amazing! You combined three of my favorite things: chicken, parmesan, and cheese. I'm a pretty simple cook and this seems very easy to make so you can bet I will be making this soon!
Heidi said…
I kind of doubted whether it would work, but it totally did! And super easy. It's a win win!