Announcing Fall

For some people, the arrival of the Pumpkin Spice Latte is the official start of fall.  Since I am neither in the pumpkin camp or the latte camp, fall, for me, is heralded by soup.


So tonight we kicked off soup season with this Cheesy Vegetable Chowder.  I love soup for its simplicity on our busy Wednesday evenings, and I love having the leftovers for Saturday lunches even more.  This was such a good one too!  Nothing terribly unusual, your typical cheesy potato soup with some extra veggies thrown in.  I went heavy on the carrots and onion and left out the celery because celery is so celeryish.  You know?  Otherwise, I obeyed the rules and stayed on task with this recipe.

For a great cheesy potato soup with an extra dose of veggies, this is a great choice!

Comments

Although I do love fall because of all the pumpkin goodies, I also love it because of the yummy soups that sound even more appealing when it's chilly outside. I've been collecting some soup recipes in anticipation of fall. I am a big fan of cheese and vegetables, so this sounds right up my alley. I will have to add it to my list to try!
Heidi said…
There are enough veggies to make you completely forget the cheese and cream. :)