A Little of This and A Little of That

As a child, one of my very favorite book series was Amelia Bedelia.  I loved her crazy interpretations of common activities, and the fact that she could mix a little of this and a little of that in a bowl and always create something delicious.


I decided to try my own hand at this strategy, making Breakfast Stromboli based off of some pinned ideas I had.  I first scrambled four eggs with bacon and chives.  (I actually did this in the morning before I left for work so that dinner time only required assembly.)  Then I unrolled a Pillsbury Italian Loaf, layered on some shredded cheddar, added my scrambled eggs, a few hashbrowns (previously cooked), and a little bit of ham.  Then I folded the sides of the bread over the the ingredients, and gave it a simple egg wash.

The yummy heartiness of this was awesome.  As much as I loved it for dinner, it would be even better for Saturday brunch or something else at breakfast time.  So good.  I also love that you can mix up the breakfast meats or add other veggies to your own taste.

Comments