Furry Friends


Our days this summer have been filled with the adventures of Gloria.  We are having such fun with her.


We are also spoiling her like crazy, and even cooking for her.  I learned with our last dog how easy it was to bake sweet potato chips for easy dog treats, so we've got a regular rotation of making those.  And now we've made these super easy and fast Pumpkin Oat No-Bake Dog Treats.

The hardest part about this recipe is taking the time to roll each of the little individual treats.  (I used the smallest scoop from Pampered Chef, but if you've got a smallish dog, use something even smaller.  It makes a generous-sized treat.)  I let them refrigerate most of the day, and then finally shared one with the pooch.  She liked it, but did "play" with it a bit before actually eating.  I'm guessing she's a unused to refrigerated food.

I'm definitely keeping these treats in our regular rotation of doggie "baking".  I like the simple, on-hand ingredients, and the fast prep.

Comments