Accidentally Delectable

Once in awhile a leftover turns out better than you expected.  When that happens, I think it tastes even a little better, just because it's unexpected.


Such is the case with this Mediterranean Pizza.  Last week, I made these Mediterranean Chicken Wraps.  While they were good, they were pretty unremarkable.  I even decided not to blog about them because I was so underwhelmed.  The chicken itself was very good, and I was interested in finding a way to use it again.  I threw it in the freezer, only to pull it out again this week with renewed inspiration.

Searching Pinterest yielded a few recipes, and the Mediterranean Pizza sounded like the best combination to me.  I started with a storebought crust, just to keep things quick and easy.  I added olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic salt.  Then, I topped it with 1.5 cups of mozzarella, the leftover chicken chopped finely, some chopped yellow onion, a few chopped cherry tomatoes, a few slices of banana pepper, some feta, and then finally another half cup of mozzarella.

The topping combination was so yum!  I hate the idea of having to prep two recipes in order to get the flavor again, but it would be worth it.  The pizza was excellent.

Comments