Cilantro Times Two


This menu started with a quick and simple Cilantro Lime Shrimp.  It's pretty simple and quick.  I liked the fresh flavor of the lime and cilantro.  Since it was crickets from the others at my table, I'm guessing it wasn't their fav.


As I was scrolling through my pins looking for a side dish, I happened on this Mexican Sour Cream Rice.  I've had a similar sounding dish at a local Mexican restaurant and really enjoyed it.  Plus, how can rice, sour cream, and cheese be wrong?

I decided to do a little swap out to save some calories and use up what's in my fridge.  I used plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and a combo of sharp cheddar and mozzarella instead of Monterey Jack.  To keep the recipe kiddo friendly, I used about a third of a 4 oz can of green chilis.  I wanted the flavor but not the heat.  I loved this rice.  I'm really looking forward to enjoying the leftovers in the next few days.

Comments