Whirlwind

This spring has been one for the record books.  So much happening.  Travel here, travel everywhere, throw in extra time at work, a wee bit of identity theft, preparations for a new puppy, and you'll find that you meet yourself coming and going.

This poor little blog has surely suffered from my circumstance.  Not that there has been much to report, mind you.  Most of our eating has been quick, boring reruns and lots of meals on the go.  I am just holding my breath until May, when crazy will hopefully scale back to just slightly over maximum.

This past week has been a bit of re-entry to real life for us.  I've had the chance to do a bit of cooking, including these:  One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole and German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars.


The Cheeseburger Casserole is delicious comfort food.  I used my 12 inch cast iron skillet, and it was almost overflowing--this recipe makes a ton!  Also, make sure you season well.  I was skimpy on salt, and I shouldn't have been.
 

Last week was my hubby's birthday.  Since we were on the road, I didn't have a chance to make him a birthday cake of any kind.  But, he needed treats for a church meeting, so I decided to go with a bit of compromise.  German Chocolate Pecan Bars--he loves German Chocolate cake and Pecan Pie both, so to put them together was perfect.

Here's hoping that I'm back to regular blogging.  Things are still crazy here, but I miss making new recipes, and I miss writing about them.  Fingers crossed for a little more freedom in the near future.

Comments

Unknown said…
This looks delicious! Like you, I'm sure many of us students are super busy too and rarely get the chance to cook. This seems like a pretty simple dish to make, and I know it would have me set for quite a while. Thanks for sharing, and I'm looking forward to more!