Make Mine with Sprinkles


I've discovered a fabulous new cupcake decorating method, especially appropriate for people who are challenged by actual frosting techniques.  That's me!

I don't do that fancy stuff, but I do love a fancy cupcake.  Enter: tons of sprinkles.

Here's what you do:

  1. Bake your cupcakes, using enough batter per liner so that they mound slightly above the paper edge.
  2. Frost with a nice thick layer of frosting.
  3. Put face down in a couple inches worth of sprinkles and twist.
Voila!  Fancy cupcakes!  

I made these for my sister-in-law's bridal shower, and I thought the combination of coarse sugar and pearls make it look exactly like the beaded bodice of a wedding dress.  My brothers-in-law were quick to point out that they were very crunchy, but delicious.  I'll take it!

Can't wait to go find more interesting sprinkles so I can do this all over again!

Comments