Sweet Hearts


Valentine's Day landing on a Saturday meant a special breakfast for my loved ones.  I couldn't resist the idea of these Heart Shaped Raspberry Rolls.  I even set aside my fear of yeast dough, and imperfect sweet roll technique, because I just knew they would be a big hit, especially with my little.


The dough was super easy to make in my mixer, and came together in no time.  The rolling of the dough was a bit tricky, an extra hand would have been nice.  Plus, the frozen berries were a little stiff.  Eventually I got them cut and pinched and into the dish.  Mine needed to bake much closer to 30 minutes, so allow a little extra prep time just in case.  We aren't the biggest Nutella fans, so I decided to go with a more traditional Vanilla Glaze (half recipe) instead.

These are SO good.  The raspberry flavor is deliciously fresh and sweet, a beautiful change-up for the usual cinnamon roll.  I'm already plotting to make them again and soon.

Comments