Pancake Tuesday Does Doughnuts

Pancake Tuesday is the only part of the Lenten season we observe at this house, and we are religious about it.  My little loves her some pancakes, and the rest of us are always up for a new variety.  Add in one enginerd husband, and you knew these Doughnut Pancakes were gonna be a hit.

First, let me say, if you are looking for easy, this may not be the right recipe.  It's not hard exactly, but I felt like I had pancake batter, oil, powdered sugar, and glaze just about everywhere.  I hate a messy prep.

The whole sandwich bag plastic bag idea was a disaster.  I think a gallon size Ziploc would definitely be better so that you don't have to try to fill an already gooky bag with a one inch hole in it.  I'll take unwieldy over gooky anyday.  Seriously, I was trying to refill the smaller bag with the second half of the batter, and it was oozing from the piping hole the whole time.  Not cool.

The glaze on these pancakes is yummy.  It's sweet, that's for sure, but it was so good, and I much prefer it to regular syrup.  Sacrilege I know.  Finally, no where in the recipe does it call for sprinkles, but it shows them in the picture.  Plus, with an 8 year old in the house, sprinkles on doughnuts are pretty much required, so why not add them to pancakes?

Comments

Kelsey Koz said…
These look delicious. I'm heading home this weekend, i'm going to try to convince my mom to make them!
Heidi said…
They were yummy. Especially the glaze part.