A Whole Lot of Cookin' Going On

Today was a busy day of food prep, sandwiched in between my real mom and teacher jobs.  I don't mind a bit, though, because it was all good!


This morning my book club met at my house, so I wanted to make a couple of yummy treats to share.  We laugh in our book club that very little discussion is about the book we were supposed to read, and most of our chatter is solving the world's problems!  I decided to make these Easy Orange Rolls.  My aunt always made orange rolls (the make your dough and everything kind) whenever we came for a visit, so that sweet, orangey goodness makes me think of her.  I let the rolls rise overnight and then baked them in the morning.  One of our book club ladies also mentioned hot chocolate in our online chat leading up to the meeting so I decided to make this Crockpot Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate.  I have a long, storied affair with salted caramel anything, and I'll always give a new version a try.


And then there was dinner. Ah, dinner.  Macaroni and Cheese Pizza.  Everything about the idea appealed to my enjoyment of cheese and carbs.  It did not disappoint.


I decided to make my own Mac and Cheese using my trusty Better Homes Cookbook recipe.  It's just a basic cheese sauce on pasta.  I made mine using a mixture of American, Monterey Jack, and Sharp Cheddar.  I decided to use a Boboli crust as a shortcut this first time around.  In the future, I would probably make my own.  I've sort of spoiled myself by making homemade crusts most of the time.  I finished the pizza with a layer of sharp cheddar to make sure it had a nice, strong, cheesy flavor.

These are probably all recipes I will make again.  None were terribly complicated and they all tasted soooooo good.  We ate pretty well today!


Comments