Cheesy Mexican (Bowtie) Pasta


This Cheesy Mexican Pasta was supposed to be made with bowties, but somewhere along the line, I way overbought on penne, so immediately I had to change up the recipe title.  If you use your noodle, you'll realize that pasta shape makes no difference in the taste of a dish, especially one that's as awesomely cheesy as this one.

For my version, penne included, I made a substitution or two.

  • a combination of sharp cheddar and low-fat Mexican blend cheeses
  • about a cup and a half of shredded, cooked chicken (browned ground beef would also be yummy)
  • skim milk
  • 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
This is deliciously cheesy, and makes a huge amount.  I think we're practically swimming in cheesy pasta.  No matter, this is good enough I'll be able to stand it as a re-run later this week.

Comments