It Will Be Our Little Secret

I love cheese.  Cheese is a good thing.  I'm  no cheese snob, either.  Any Swiss, Jack, or Cheddar will do.  I do start to get a little reluctant when it comes to processed cheeses.  When there are so many good cheeses out there, why eat something that's been messed with?


What I do know, however, is that real cheese sometimes does funny things when it melts.  It's not the smoothest, and texture is mighty important to our enjoyment of food.  Which is why, I decided to let my normal cheese standards slide for these Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes.

Everyone at the table was glad I did, even if I did choose the 2% Velveeta variety.  We all really enjoyed the flavor (with just a sprinkle of pickle and some onions tossed in when I cooked the ground beef).  And, since it was an especially busy night, I decided to just brown the ground beef early in the afternoon, and then throw everything into a crockpot to melt the cheese and keep it warm until dinner time.  It worked perfectly and I don't think it affected the taste one little bit.  

This would be a great recipe for potlucks, get togethers, and wherever else you would make regular sloppy joes.  The cheesy goodness kicks it up a notch or two without being terribly exotic, just extra tasty.

Comments