Dinner I Can Get Excited About

Lately it seems like we've had some ho hum recipes.  Nothing terribly wrong, but nothing that really rings our bells.  These Crispy Chicken Tortilla Rollups are bell-worthy.


There's a few steps, and I often worry about the assembly process on recipes like this, but not to worry.  This was easy.  The filling easily fit into eight 8" tortillas without a lot of spillage.  I messed up the oil flavoring (by putting ALL the spices in, not just the garlic at first) and it still tasted delicious.  Most of all, the fam really enjoyed them, which is always important.

For our tamer palates, I stuck with my usual extra mild salsa, and didn't include the jalapeno.  I had cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses on hand, so I mixed in a little of each.  We also skipped the dipping sauce, but only for simplicity's sake.  It sounds delicious, but sour cream and ranch dressing were a tasty addition, and I already had those made.

I'll be keeping this recipe for sure.  I would love to try it with green salsa, and also with the intended dipping sauce.

Comments