When It Rains...


What do you do when you're supposed to be grilling and it's pouring outside?  Plan B, use the cast iron skillet and the oven.  It's not the same, but we made the best of things with this "Grilled" Pork and Pineapple.
So how did I adjust the recipe?  I just pan-fried the pork chops and added the marmalade at the end.  For the pineapple, I cut it in spears and topped it with marmalade and then baked it.  For the last few minutes I turned on the broiler to try and get a little more color in it, but it didn't work.  The yogurt (I used plain Greek) and marmalade combo is an interesting addition to the top of the pork.  I won't say I loved it, but it was okay.


Then came dessert.  With a big box of blueberries camping out in my fridge, I settled on this Blueberry Pudding Cake.  Chocolate pudding cake always takes me back home to Mom's, so I figured a blueberry version would be yummy and homey too.  It was.  I think you could add more than two cups of fruit.  There was a pretty high cake to fruit ratio, that might be even better with a little more fruit.  Regardless, it was delicious, and no adjustment for rainy days necessary.

Comments