The Whole Enchilada

You know how you sometimes pin a pin on Pinterest without looking, and then when you go back later to actually use the pin you get a bit of surprise?  No?  That's just me?


I think these Chicken Lime Enchiladas was one of those pins.  I'm not sure what I thought it would be, but when I actually saw the recipe entailed making my own sauce from scratch, I was a bit surprised.  There's nothing tough about making the sauce, I'm just used to making enchiladas where I use more of a pre-made sauce.

In fact, I thought the flavor in this sauce was terrific.  There's a hint of lime, and the cumin definitely gives it a homemade touch.  There's a rich full flavor in the filling that isn't too much, but just right and a good balance for all the flavors happening in the sauce.  Here are my swaps: Greek yogurt for sour cream, low fat Fiesta Cheese and mild cheddar in place of full fat Monterey jack and cheddar, and a little bit of hot sauce in place of jalepeno.  We topped ours with a little sour cream, tomatoes, and chives. Yum.  Definitely looking forward to these leftovers.


Comments