One of Those Weeks

Do you ever have a week you just dread starting because you know once it starts it just won't stop?  This past week was that week.  Everything did was good, but it just kind of didn't quit.  Because of all the weird events, I fell back on leftovers and old favorites for our meals.


The cooking I did do was very event driven.  For starters, I made these Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies to sell at my garage sale.  We've found the "bake shoppe" portion of our sale to be very profitable in the past, and this year was no exception.  These were yummy.  Soft and peanut buttery, with just a hint of saltiness too.  I chose to use creamy peanut butter, and swapped out 1/2 cup of the Reese's Pieces with milk chocolate chips.  My Reese's Pieces were also the mini baking kind, but I doubt that matters.


For our special Sunday School gathering, I decided to try this new egg casserole made with bagels.  I liked the idea of the doughyness a bagel lends.  I'm all about the dough (bread, not money).  It was good, but not remarkable.  First, it needs a lot of salt.  I mean, a lot.  I added what I felt was a ton, but it still lacked.  Otherwise it was good, but nothing too different.


Oh yeah, and then there were these little pieces of heaven.  Coconut Pancakes.  The pancakes were good, but I think a big part of their deliciousness is that the potential for new toppings is nearly endless.  I choose pineapple and whipped cream plus a little butter for the perfect pina colada flavor.  My husband did chocolate syrup and chocolate chips plus whipped cream and butter for a great candy bar knock off.  I loved the summer fruitiness of the pineapple.  Light, fluffy, and sweet without the overwhelming syrup flavor.  My hubby enjoyed the chocolate combo, but couldn't decide which combo came out the winner.

Hopefully this coming holiday week will be a nice break and a chance to catch our breath, even for a few days.

Comments