Mango!

I love mango.  It has a deliciously sweet flavor with the undertone of some other flavor almost no other fruit has.  It's so mellow.


So, I was definitely jazzed to try these Pulled Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa and Quinoa.  Jazzed enough to ignore the numerous steps and go for it anyway.  And while there's nothing complicated, there are a lot of steps, numerous dishes, a decent amount of chopping stirring, and combining.

All totally worth it.  Especially since we had enough leftovers that now I don't need to make dinner later this week. Woot!  Really, this recipe got my daughter to red pepper, which has been iffy before.  She downed the pork, fruit, and quinoa bites, and thoroughly enjoyed all of it.  So yummy, and nice and light for the day of serious heat we had today.

In general I stayed true to the recipe.  I used full sugar root beer because that's all I could find, and cut back on the hot sauce by a teaspoon, but that's it!  Pretty good for me.

Comments