Low Country Boil


We have many fond memories of our trip to Tybee Island, Georgia, three years ago.  It's a lovely destination that I hope we'll get back to someday.  One of the regional favorites there is a Low Country Boil, known elsewhere as a shrimp boil, and it is soooooooooooo good.


For whatever reason, I saw some sweet corn in the store this week, and decided that a Low Country Boil was exactly what we needed.  This particular one was absolutely fantastic.  The seasoning mixture was delicious, and the sweet corn was surprisingly perfect for this early in the season.  This recipe doesn't include sausage, like many of them do, and honestly I didn't really miss it because the other things were so good.  My little one devoured shrimp after shrimp.  She just couldn't stop eating them!

I'm definitely keeping this one around.  It takes me back to the Island in a heartbeat.

Comments