Pizza in Disguise



I'm not sure if I hadn't read the recipe all the way through, or if I had forgotten the details post-Pin, but I was totally unaware that this Italian Crescent Casserole was essentially a new way to pizza.


That's totally fine by me, just funny that casserole is in the name of a very pizza-like recipe.  In fact, I think more pizza type toppings would make it even better.  Whatever the case, you need to season this with at least salt and pepper if nothing else.  Throw in whatever veggies you like, maybe some pepperoni, and you'd have a real winner on your hands.

One of things I really like about this recipe, as compared to pizza, is the crispy crescent on top.  A nice change up from the original, that give it a little something extra.

Comments

Unknown said…
This looks delicious! I like the idea of the crescent dough on top and there are so many different ingredients you could try to make a totally different dinner each time!
Lee P. said…
It's like deep dish with a lid!
Anonymous said…
This looks sooo good! I agree with Kaitlyn- the crescent dough on top sounds delicious and it sold me when I saw that's what it was.