Making This Up As I Go Along

We are barely into the month and I've already deviated from my plan twice in three days.  And to top it all off, I'm making up my own recipes too.


Lucky for me, this making it up as I go along thing is working out pretty well so far.  My made up recipe was a Breakfast Calzone. Holy yumtastic!

I started with frozen pizza dough just to keep things simple.  For the filling, I scrambled three eggs (to which I added just a few dried minced onions, a sprinkle of white cheddar, and some seasoning salt), some mild and white cheddar cheeses, browned sausage from the freezer, and a little dash of salsa.  I closed the dough around the fillings, gave it a brush with milk and baked it for about 12 minutes.

The crust got nice and crispy and filling worked together awesomely.  I'm keeping this one in my back pocket for other occasions.  I'll also definitely try it with other fillings too!

Comments