Travel on the Cheap

I was excited about the taste of Fiji on the menu for tonight.


The Fiji Sandwich is nothing exotic, truly, just a little twist on traditional ham and cheese.  I used part of a pre-cooked ham from the freezer, sharp cheddar, pineapple rings, some honey mustard sauce, and sliced French bread.  I warmed our ham and pineapple in the skillet ahead of assembling the sandwiches, and then cooked the sandwiches in the same skillet.  I liked a little bit of the sweetness from the pineapple that clung to the toasted bread. Mmmmmmmm.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Annnnd I'll be making this for lunch tomorrow as I watch copious amounts of basketball. This sounds delicious and I just so happen to have all of the ingredients in my fridge!
Heidi said…
I had leftovers for my lunch today. Hope your's was good too!