Big Talker


Whenever someone makes a "Best" claim, I'm instantly a skeptic.  And also a sucker.  I have to try to find out for myself.

This episode of the Best Ever, is brought to you by The Best Pot Roast.  Now, that, my friends is a monster claim.  Many a grandma, aunt, mom, and country cook has made a phenomenal pot roast.  This is crowded and competitive cooking.  Plus, it's of the crock-pot variety which means it's got a tough road ahead.

I'll admit, it was pretty good, and was lauded by everyone at the table.  It's as easy as can be, without any work.  No work.  I mean it.  I put the meat in the crock frozen solid, sprinkled on the gravy and seasoning mixes, and let it cook all day.  Beauty in simplicity.

And now a dilemma.  Continue to try new pot roast recipes or stick with "the Best"?

Comments

Unknown said…
I love pot roast and this looks absolutely delicious. I will have to give it a try (even though I still believe my mom has one of the best recipes!)