The Queen of Breakfast

I've been given permission by my family to feed them nothing but breakfast sandwiches.  Really.

It started last week.  I just wasn't feeling this Garlicky Shrimp from my menu.  So, I decided to save it for another day and go with breakfast sandwiches.  I knew I had the necessary ingredients on hand from another menu deviation somewhere in the recent past.  This really wasn't about cooking so much as assembly, which is exactly what I need at the end of a long work week.

I scrambled one egg for each of us, right in a greased muffin cup.  Then I added some shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses to each, and sprinkled them with Lawry's seasoning salt.  Then I baked the eggs until set.  Meanwhile, I baked some Pillsbury frozen biscuits in the toaster oven, and cooked bacon in the microwave.  When everything was done, I built the sandwiches and added a half slice of American cheese.  The fam pronounced them glorious.


Then, for breakfast sandwiches round two, I chose these Sausage and Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.  I thought the multi-step process would be a hassle, but I was able to make each step go pretty quickly.  These, again, got rave reviews.  And it's really a simple formula--egg, breakfast meat, cheese, and bread.  Done.

I don't know how often I will go to the trouble to actually make either of these varieties for breakfast, but as breakfast for dinner options, they rule.

Comments