Chili for Chilly Days


We are in the thick of yet another round of snow, closely followed by frigid temperatures.  Luckily my menu plan accommodated the weather outside by calling for this delicious Chicken Chili.

Since this is a crock-pot recipe, it's pretty easy.  I used chicken I'd cooked earlier in the week, and tossed everything in the crock with about three hours until dinner time.  Even though it didn't cook as long as the recipe calls for, it still had plenty of time to heat and come together.  With an hour or so to go, I added the half and half (instead of cream), and Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream).  With about thirty minutes to go, I added a cup of the Monterey Jack cheese.  We also added a little bit of shredded cheese and tortilla chips at the table.

Alongside our chili, I finally tried this recipe for cornbread.  I'm often disappointed in cornbread recipes and mixes, because it's hard to find them sweet enough to suit my taste.  This is the perfect combination!  And obviously it's about as easy as you can get.  The cornbread and chili were yummy both separately and together.  It was a great meal.  Highly recommend!

Comments