A Wee Bit of Heat


I know, I know, the title of today's recipe says Spicy Sausage Pasta, and I probably should have taken it a bit more seriously.  We are making progress, though, because despite the little bit of heat that was in this dish, my little one still ate it up!

There is something about Rotel that really brings the heat (and yes, I bought the mild).  I don't know why I find items with Rotel hotter than things where I use straight green chiles.  It defies logic.

In general I complied with the recipe's instructions.  I swapped out fat free half and half to save some calories, and probably lost of the counteraction to the chiles because the sauce was thinner.  I also cut down the garlic amount to a single clove.  Although it's a big dish, one was more than enough for us.  The last big changed for me was not finishing the dish in the oven.  I realized after I had already started that I was using my non-stick (and thus, non oven safe) skillet.  We still enjoyed the finished product with an extra sprinkling of Monterey Jack cheese.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mmm this looks yummy! And I love spicy food, so bring on the heat!
Heidi said…
I wish we had a higher tolerance when it comes to spice. I feel like such a wimp.