The Basics



Sometimes there are recipes that are attractive because they sound exotic and unusual.  In the case of this Hamburger Carrot Potato Casserole, I was mostly interested because the ingredients sounded basic and predictable, but combined in a slightly new way.

There is nothing unexpected in this recipe, but it is not bland or boring.  The steak seasoning adds a terrific flavor without being overwhelming or ill-matched.  In preparing this recipe, I cut everything down to match only using a pound of ground beef.  I used only six potatoes, and about a pound of baby carrots sliced in half lengthwise.  I let mine simmer for about a half hour, and it could go a little longer.  The veggies were tender, but not any too much so.  You will probably also want to add a little extra salt.  We had to salt liberally at the table to accommodate our tastes.

I'm loving the fact that I have some leftovers to work with too.  It's the perfect start for some kind of shepherd's or pot pie!  Mmmmmm, I wonder what I can come up with!?!

Comments