For a Date-iversary

Fifteen short/long years ago, my husband and I met on a blind date.  January is the anniversary of our first date, and we always get a kick out of recalling what a disaster the first date was, but also the fact that in spite of it all, here we are, fifteen years later.

I hadn't really intend to do anything special for the occasion, but it did turn out that our dinner that night was slightly on the labor-intensive side.  I fried chicken in skillet after dipping it in crumbs and egg.  I don't do that for just anybody or any ole day.


We've definitely been learning to love pretzel dishes and mustard sauces.  The former because of the tasty saltiness that comes from pretzels.  The latter thanks to Chick-fil-A sauce.  This Pretzel Chicken looked pretty and sounded excellent from the moment I pinned it.


Instead of a brown spicy mustard, I used a Dijon mustard since I already had it in house.  I also used a mild 2% cheddar and skim milk to make the cheese sauce.  It still turned out deliciously cream and cheesy.

The pretzel crust on this chicken makes a delightful crunch and make a great contrast to the tender chicken.  The cheese sauce would be the perfect thing to dip soft pretzels in, so it's a great addition to the dish.  I'm not ready to go to all the trouble to make it again in the near future, but we definitely enjoyed this round.

Comments