All Hail Caesar


I probably shouldn't be this enthusiastic about a recipe, but these Slow Cooker Chicken Sandwiches were easy and yummy.  I think I'm also excited about the potential that lies within this recipe.

You know all of the occasions where you have guests over, and you want something low-key, delicious, and universally appealing?  My go-tos are usually pulled pork, sloppy joes, Italian beef, etc.  Those are all great, but this can be your new choice!  It's every bit as easy as those other choices, but has a completely different kind of flavor.

There is absolutely no prep on this recipe.  I just dumped the mostly frozen boneless, skinless thighs into the crock-pot and let them cook.  Once they were cooked I pulled them out onto a plate and poured the broth that cooked out from them into a small bowl.  After shredding the chicken, I put it back into the crock and added the dressing (I used Girardi's Light Caesar).  Next I added the Parmesan (and maybe a little extra for good measure), parsley, and seasoning.  I then stirred the broth back in little by little to get the consistency I wanted.  Put the lid back on for just a few minutes and it's ready!

We all loved this dish, and I can't wait to make it again for friends or take it to a potluck.

Comments

ktjo_77 said…
Looks good! I'll have to try that one! Thanks for sharing!