It's November Right?

This is what it looks like at our house tonight.


Yes.  We have snow.  Sticking.  In November.  Something's afoot for sure.  Luckily we had this delicious Crockpot Sloppy Joe Casserole to warm us right up at dinner.


I followed the rules on this one!  (And it still tasted good, what do you know!?)  Oh wait, I cooked it for two hours on high rather than four hours on low, but that doesn't really count right?  We enjoyed this, and it was lovely to have such a cozy dish to tuck into on our first wintry night of the season.

Want to one up this recipe?  Make this Sloppy Joe recipe and put it atop your basic cheesy hash brown casserole.  That would be divine!

Comments

MElizabeth85 said…
Normally I think your food looks really appealing... but this not so much. I'm not sure how I feel about all the cheese in there, and whats that underneath the meat?
Heidi said…
Crockpot meals NEVER photograph well, and this was no exception. I love cheese, so that's why it's loaded up with that. It's hashbrown potatoes underneath.
MElizabeth85 said…
Ohh I though it was hashbrowns!

You should try this sandwich my mom and I had in Boston last month. It had a really strange name but basically it was like a BBQ shredded beef grilled cheese sandwich. DELICIOUS!

The shredded beef was cooked in the crock pot with BBQ sauce. You don't want it wet like a regular pulled pork sandwich, you want it to be kind of dry.
Once that has been cooked for a while (sorry not sure exactly how long it takes) you toast some mozzarella cheese on texas toast in the oven, open faced. Once that is nice and toasted you put the meat on and voila, You have an awesome meal!
Heidi said…
That sounds fantastic! Definitely trying it.