"There's Always Room for Zert"


My little one loves dessert.  She has been known to ask for it after breakfast.  When she was younger, she used to be so worried about zert, that she raced through dinner so it didn't go anywhere.


We started with these Baked Blueberry Pancakes.  They are fast and easy to throw together and then into the oven.  I had to bake mine a little longer than the recipe called for, but otherwise I followed instructions.  As usual, some at the table enjoyed them with syrup, and others with whipped cream  Both were good.  Add the first bacon we've enjoyed from our 1/2 hog, and we were very happy.

Normally, if we have something sweet for dinner we forego dessert.  Our cookie stash had been getting a little low, so I baked anyway.  When I asked if dessert after pancakes was okay, my little replied, "there's always room for zert."


We all liked these Scarecrow Treats, although my daughter did go to the trouble to pick out each and every peanut.  They are the perfect treat for fall get-togethers, wiener roasts, etc.  Definitely making these again.


Comments