It's Fall!

Fall is such a beautiful season, and we are so ready for cool nights, fires with friends, and lots of good apple and pumpkin treats.


This Pumpkin Coffee Cake was perfect for the first day of fall.  Sweet pumpkin flavor without being overwhelming.  The streusel layer is awesome.  I subbed in a regular powdered sugar glaze flavored with rum extract and vanilla, butter and nut flavoring.  I just didn't have time for the extra step of doing the browned butter before heading out to church this morning.

One cautionary note with the streusel topping--watch for flying pieces when you make the second flip.  I was not prepared to be showered in brown sugar bit, and while delicious, maybe not the addition to my dress clothes I was seeking.

This would be great for brunches or fall parties, and of course for breakfast at home.

Comments