Making Lemonade

We're not really going to talk about making lemonade in this post.  I am, however, going to share a lemons to lemonade moment.


Things started out okay, because this recipe for Crock-pot Italian Chicken is so simple.  I dumped in the ingredients, and away I went to take on the rest of the day.  Mid-afternoon, however, I noticed that the chicken wasn't really as done as I thought it should be.  And although the Crockpot felt warm, it didn't feel really hot like it usually does.  I concluded that it was dying a slow death, and set out to find an alternative means of getting dinner on the table.

I ended up dumping the whole contents of the Crock-pot on to a baking sheet, and baking it off in the oven.  Ultimately, it probably tasted better!  The chicken legs got a nice crispy skin, and the peppers were nicely roasted.  Both had a much deeper flavor than if they had only slow-cooked, I'm sure.

In the end, my daughter pronounced it almost one of her favorite meals ever, so that's pretty high praise.  Most likely, in the future, I will skip directly to the oven baking step and eliminate the guessing game that tonight turned out to be!

Comments