Fridays are for Friends

Fridays are good.  Arriving at the end of another week, especially one that was so busy with school starting, is satisfying.  What better way to celebrate than a fun dinner at home and then dessert with friends.


We started with Greek Nachos.  Aren't they pretty?!!  I loved this idea when I first saw it on Pinterest, and the flavors did not disappoint.  I started by prepping the ground beef as seasoned in this recipe.  We layered that on top of multi-grain pita chips, then added a sprinkle of mozzarella, Oikos Cucumber Dill dip, fresh tomato, fresh cucumber, and a crumbled feta.  (Nope, Oikos isn't paying me or giving me product, I just happen to love these dips!)

Loved these nachos.  They have the same junk food feel of regular nachos, but with fresh flavors and veggies.  I've got leftover meat in the freezer, and we'll definitely be having them again.

After dinner we headed to the neighbors for the evening.  The kids play, the adults talk.  It's fun and we are sure going to miss these nights when cold winter nights show up.


Since it was a little warm, I figured we might not be too interested in building a fire for s'mores.  I covered our bases by making these S'Mores Brownies.  They are so simple since they use a boxed brownie mix, but the s'more ingredients make them special.  They were a hit with grown-ups and kids alike. A great recipe to keep in mind as we head into fall weiner roasts and tailgating.

Comments