Crazy-Good


When you run across a recipe with the description crazy-good, it's usually smart to repin.

For these Crazy-Good Crab Cakes, that held true.  I strayed from the recipe in one way.  I used imitation crab instead of lump crab.  It's convenient and familiar.


I was also looking for a way to use the other zucchini I grabbed on  a whim last week.  Somewhere I had seen the suggestion of zucchini chips, so I decided to search out a recipe.  These Zucchini Parmesan Crisps sounded perfect.  I'll admit I didn't exactly follow instructions on this one.  What I got, then, was great flavor, weird texture.

Here's what I did so you can learn from my mistakes:

  • My one large zucchini yielded more slices than the recipe called for.
  • Individually dipping each slice just wasn't going to happen so I put all the oiled slices into a large Ziploc bag, then added the breading and started shaking. 
  • I didn't make sure each slice was separated from the others.  I had hoped that a longer cooking time would still get them semi-crispy.  It didn't.  Lesson learned: separation is important.
I guess what we can learn from today's post is that sometimes it pays to follow instructions, and sometimes it doesn't.

Comments