What You Know & Love, With a Twist

I love familiar flavors in new varieties and formats.  I know I'll like it, but it's not the same old, same old.


This Baked Chicken Parmesan Sandwich was a perfect weeknight meal.  Uncomplicated, but interesting.  Homemade, but not hard.  Flavorful, but not exotic.  Just the way we like it.

I didn't change much in this recipe, except to use dried spices instead of fresh in the breading.  The basil on the bun was fresh, though, because I love the taste of fresh basil.  I used basic Prego original pasta sauce, and regular shredded mozzarella cheese.  The chicken itself turned out super moist and juicy, despite the high cooking temp.

This was delicious as a sandwich, but it would totally work as traditional chicken Parmesan with a side of pasta.  It's definitely a keeper!

Comments