The Days Go By

Summer is quickly passing me by.  It's a mere month until classes start again for me, and less for my little one.  So hard to believe that our lazy days will be ending soon, but we've been busy making the most of them.  Busy cooking and eating, that is, but not so much busy blogging, as you may have noticed.

Over the last couple of weeks here's a rundown of what I've been making, and a few quick thoughts about each recipe.

Chicken Ranchicotti: this recipe is a lot of steps, some of which were hampered by lack of or wrong ingredients (what's up with Walmart and NO manicotti?!).  It's good and was very well received at my table, but the second 8x8 pan in my freezer may be the next and last time we have it, simply because of the prep work.


Shrimp, Green Beans, and Pasta with Pesto: this was yummy and making it with purchased pesto and fresh green beans made it bright, tasty, and easy.


Nutella Cookies: These were simple to make and delicious.  My husband's team at work immediately requested the recipe.  Don't forget the sea salt on top!

White Cheddar and Spinach Chicken Burgers:  First word of caution, don't forget to spray your grill with cooking spray.  Lesson learned, although unlikely to be deployed in the future.  These were just too much work for the flavor.  If I want a spinach chicken cheddar burger in the future, the warehouse club can make them for me.


Blueberry Dutch Baby:  I trip to the Mitten landed me with tons of fresh produce, including 5 lbs of fresh blueberries, which were delicious in this pancake.  I love German pancakes/Dutch babies because they are yummy and simple, I just added a bit of milk to this recipe to bring it more in line with other recipes I've made.  The little one pronounced it, "best breakfast ever".

Comments