Making Up for Lost Time


It would seem I am catching up this week for all the posts I missed earlier in June!  I have yet another new recipe for you.  I went looking for fish taco recipes after we experienced the real thing for the first time on our vacation to San Diego.

Actually, while we were on our vacation, I pinned this recipe for fish taco sauce.  As I was preparing to make dinner tonight, I went in search of a recipe for preparing the actual fish and settled on this one.  In both instances I chose to leave the heat causing elements out.  In the case of the sauce, no jalapeno.  In the fish marinade, I just used lime juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oil, since we had the other spices in the sauce.

This was a yummy way to recall our vacation.  While they weren't exactly the same as what we ate in Pacific Beach, they were very good in their own right.  The fish (I used cod) was seasoned in such a way that it could definitely stand on it's own.  When paired with the sauce and taco toppings, excellent.

I've got extra sauce leftover, can't wait to make them again!

Comments