Fresh is Best

Summer affords me a lot more time to tinker in the kitchen, and also the availability of more fresh fruits and veggies.  I love finding ways to add more fresh flavors to our menu.


Wednesday's menu featured this Orange Beef and Veggie Stir-fry.  I was looking forward to a fabulously fresh and colorful dish.  It was perfect!  Nice crunchy veggies, lots of good color, and tender meat.  Yay me!


I also managed to track down the last of the fresh, locally-grown strawberries so I was looking for ways to use them.  I had pinned this Low-Calorie Strawberry Cobbler a while ago, and the level of effort required to make it seemed to fit my energy level this afternoon.  Talk about easy and delicious!  I would love to try this with other fruits because I think the results would be delicious.  I'm sure you could also change up the cake mix flavors with yummy results too.  The best part?  Easy on the calories and still worth eating.  Perfect combination.

Comments