Bringing Hawaiian Home


For some reason, Hawaiian flavors have been finding their way to my table in the last several weeks.  No complaints, here, though we've had a great run!

These King's Hawaiian Gourmet Sausages were the next in a line of successes.  I used regular smoked brats from Johnsonville since I know we like them, and the store where I was grocery shopping was out of anything remotely resembling gourmet.

The marinade for the sausages smelled really delicious.  I think it would be good on other meats too.  For the  topping, I used frozen corn, powdered ginger, and frozen cilantro, but did use fresh pineapple and of course, fresh bacon.  The combination of the sausages with the topping and sweet Hawaiian rolls was awesome.  I especially like when the bread absorbed some of the flavors from the topping and brats.  Yum!

Comments