Birthday Bonzai


I love Red Robin's Bonzai Burgers.  I can not wait until we get our first restaurant locally so that I can enjoy them more often.  Since it was my birthday (I even got the above bouquet from my sweet neighbor), I decided to try and recreate them.  I've tried before with some success, so I was pretty sure I could make it happen again.


For some reason, I love the Bonzai flavors on a turkey burger.  When I order it in a Red Robin, I go for the beef variety, but at home, I feel like turkey is where it's at.  This time I tried this recipe from Taste of Home, doubling it because I was using a pound of ground turkey.  It was delicious!  I followed instructions for the most part, only subbing in Panko breadcrumbs instead of regular.  I topped them with Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce, grilled pineapple slices, and sharp cheddar on King's Hawaiian buns.  Fantastico!!  So good.  We even had some yummy Crash Hot Potatoes on the side (my birthday, my pick once again).


My hubby, knowing that birthday cake is just okay for me, made sure to bring home a Turtle Pie from Baskin Robbins.  A great way to end a great day.

Comments