BBQ Cupcakes


Everybody loves a cupcake, so why not make a savory kind for dinner?  Plus, Hawaiian flavors are perfect for summertime eating so I was really looking forward to these Hawaiian BBQ Cupcakes.

I followed this recipe as listed!  To the letter!  I'm stunned.  (Oh wait, I just remembered that since I only had honey barbecue sauce on hand, I added a few drops of hot sauce.)  It's a good combination of flavors.  There's a little bit of the pineapple effect, but the flavors mixed together very well.  It was also fun to serve BBQ in a nice, rather tidy, little package.

I paired the "cupcakes" with these Crash Hot Potatoes.  A week or so ago, I had picked up some fresh new potatoes from the local farm stand, and this seemed like a good way to use them.  They are fabulous!  I want to make them again soon.  Like, tomorrow.

I love having two great new recipes in just one meal.  The one complaint I have is that both dishes were so hot and fresh from the oven that I got warm eating the meal.  On a 100+ degree day, that's not necessarily a good thing.  Nevertheless, I'll be making them both again!

Comments