You'll Never Know Unless You Try

Saturdays are days where I have a bit more freedom to try something I wouldn't otherwise normally try.  There's more time in the day, there's less stress, and generally I'm feeling more experimental.


While browsing Pinterest late last night, I ran across this recipe for crepes, and suddenly decided I had to make these for Saturday morning breakfast.  I am so not sorry I went out on a limb.  I love crepes, and while these take a few more steps than a basic pancake, they were yummy!  I followed the recipe as directed (early morning cooking leaves me with little brain power for on-the-fly alterations).  We topped our crepes with a small amount of softened cream cheese, freshly sliced and sweetened strawberries, and whipped cream.


My little one loved the way her crepe looked, but was disappointed that it wasn't a regular pancake.  Oh well, win some, lose some, right?

Later on Saturday, I was prepping for dinner.  I'd had some t-bone steaks thawing in marinade in the fridge all day.  Originally I planned to grill, but even though today was warm it was super windy.  I was pretty sure that in our wind tunnel of a backyard, the grill wouldn't be able to sustain sufficient heat to get the steaks cooked.  I then remembered seeing several Pins that described how to make a restaurant style steak.  This seemed like a good time to give the technique a whirl.  Almost all the instructions seem to fall pretty close to this one that I used.

The directions are not complicated, and yielded a perfectly tender steak that was evenly cooked and delicious.  I can't wait to try this with my favorite cut, filets!

So, today, these experiments paid off.  When are you inspired to try something new?

Comments