Noodles a New Way


My little one has a real thing for noodles.  Her favorite, of course, is "noodles with white sauce" from a local Italian restaurant chain, but she can usually be persuaded to try just about anything with noodles in it.

I also enjoy noodles from time to time.  I especially like the mix of Alfredo and marinara together, or pink sauce.  So, this Fettuccine with Tomato Cream Sauce sounded delicious.

In general, I followed the recipe.  Well, kind of.  I didn't use three tablespoons of garlic.  That's just way too much in our world.  I used two teaspoons of the frozen fresh garlic cubes from Costco.  Also, the way the tomato description reads apparently didn't click with me.  I bought whole peeled tomatoes and dumped the whole can in.  Then I realized they were supposed to be drained and crushed.  Oops.  So I mashed the tomatoes up in the skillet, managed to get tomato juice on my dress clothes, and ended up spooning most of the juice out into the sink.  Super fun. Other alternations: I omitted the olives (ew), and cut way back on the crushed red pepper.

This is a good recipe.  The balance of tomato and creamy flavors was really nice.  In the future, I'd omit the red pepper altogether.  It is a strong flavor that I don't think the dish needs.  Also, maybe next time I'll read the directions more closely.  Or at least change my clothes before I start.

Comments