Friday Favorites

Fridays have become quiet nights at home for us.  Warm and toasty comfort foods are always in order, and there are bonus points for super simple recipes.


When I went to prepare for dinner this past Friday night, I realized I had two different pins for essentially the same dish--Cheesy Bacon Biscuit Pull-Aparts.  I chose this one, but this recipe looks like it has potential too.  


Based on the ingredients I had on hand, our biscuits were topped with bacon, a little bit of deli ham, skim mozzarella, and 2% mild cheddar.  After they came out of the oven, I threw on one chopped green onion for color and flavor.  This time around I put the meat and cheeses on top of the biscuits, but the next time I might split the biscuits and add a little bit of cheese in the middle.  Just for kicks!


Our dinner concluded with these Chocolate Peanut Butter 7-Layer Bars.  There was only one deviation on this recipe.  Amid making, I discovered that I didn't have peanut butter chips.  Lucky for me it's Easter candy season, and we had some Reese's peanut butter miniature eggs on hand.  So, I chopped them up and threw them on.  If you have to make a last substitution, that's a pretty good one for this recipe.

These bars got an enthusiastic thumbs up at our table, as did the pull-aparts.  A great start to the weekend indeed.

Comments